Project Engineer - Building Construction
Top ranked ENR firm covering the Chicago market for large projects
Project size ranges from $1M-$50M across multiple markets
About Our Client
For over 20 years, this industry-leader has delivered office, industrial, hospitality, healthcare, retail, multi-family, and specialty commercial construction projects for high-profile clients across the Midwest. They have a reputation of producing high quality work, meeting project deadlines, respecting project budgets, and being easy to work with. Our client is passionate about earning business the right way through cultivating lasting relationships and partnering with clients to make the process as smooth as possible from start to finish. They are well-known in the market for low staff turnover and quick progression into leadership positions. Currently, their least tenured employee has worked with the business for 5 years, demonstrating how well their treat employees and the excellent working environment they foster. Due to the company's success in recent years, high-performing employees have received generous and higher than average bonuses.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
As a Project Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Work closely with pre-construction team to understand the client objectives
- Communicate with clients throughout the budgeting and planning process
- Collaborate with site superintendent(s) to ensure labor coverage for the project
- Communicate and facilitate and change orders to superintendent and subcontractors
- Create and manage a strict budget and schedule
- Manage any conflict between client, subcontractors, and superintendents
- Manage close-out and punch list
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for this position, you are required to have experience managing large-scale construction projects - warehouses, self-storage, tilt-wall. They also see someone with a personal track record of reliability and high-quality work. You will be given incredible autonomy in this role, so you should have experience fully managing a project from start to finish. Having experience in municipal/institutional projects is highly desirable.
What's on Offer
- Salaries up to $90k dependent on experience
- Excellent career growth opportunities - add value immediately!
- Direct communication with the President
- Great benefits packages with little cost to the employee
- Opportunity to be a part of a growing company with a ton of repeat business
- Work/life balance with flexible hours and autonomy
- Tuition reimbursement