Construction Management firm hiring a Project Engineer for expanding team
Great culture and work life balance!
About Our Client
This construction management firm is a full-service project management firm based in Diamond Bar, Orange County California and serving clients throughout Los Angeles and Orange County.
Their three lines of business are Project Management, Move Management and Consulting. It's a well established company with employees coming from the top general contractors and construction management firms, such as CBRE, JLL and Cushman Wakefield!
Their goal is to form a collaborative team with project stakeholders to not only complete the project on time and on budget, but to exceed our client's expectations throughout the entire process. They work closely with the project architect, broker, landlord, building owner, consultants, contractor and/or vendors to ensure the end product meets our clients' objectives and results in a functional, sustainable space built within budget and on schedule.
CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT - Assist in providing construction management for tenant and capital improvement projects, including the following tasks:
Programming and Design:
- Evaluate the project's costs, budget and schedule
- Evaluate code issues relating to the Project
- Work with Project Manager to develop project requirements and preliminary design plans
- Review designs during their development and provide recommendations on feasibility of construction methods and actions related to cost
- Prepare project budget (hard and soft costs) to be presented to Project Manager for approval
- Authorize commencement of working drawings upon approval from Project Manager § Perform general review of working drawings
- Identify contractors selected for bid
- Prepare and distribute bid package to selected contractors to be reviewed by Project Manager
- Attend bid walk and work with Project Manager to prepare Bid Addendums as required
- Tabulate and analyze bids when received and make recommendation to Project Manager on contractor selection
- Process appropriate contracts
- Review and monitor project's construction schedules and budgets
- Assist in resolving any field or scheduling issues that arise during construction; consult with architect if contractor requests interpretation of the meaning and intent of drawings and specifications
- Update schedule as necessary during project
- Coordinate contractor activities with Client as necessary
- Attend construction progress meetings with contractor, architect and Client as necessary to discuss procedures, progress, issues, scheduling
- Monitor and observe general construction progress and procedures
- Attend Punch List Walk-through
- Monitor and ensure completion of all punch list items identified
The Successful Applicant
Project Engineers, please apply if:
- Come from a general contractor, construction management firm or owner's rep.
- Commutable to Diamond Bar
- Four year college degree
- Intermediate proficiency in Excel
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize multiple tasks on multiple projects
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to work in a collaborative, team environment
What's on Offer
Project Engineer will receive the following package: Base salary, 401k, health care, life insurance, pto and sick days