About Our Client
This large national contractor is a great place to start your career as a project engineer. We are a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other talented and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects in Southern California. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people.
- Assists Project Manager with the planning and daily execution of construction projects
- Maintains project schedule as assigned by the Project Manager through the management of submittal approvals, RFI's, coordinating the timely delivery of materials, and maintaining schedules and budgets
- Manages submittal log and coordinates submittals and coordination drawings with subcontractors and the Superintendent.
- Serves as the onsite quality manager for assigned trades by verifying subcontractor deliveries meet approved submittal requirements.
- Manages, directs and coordinates the subcontractor's compliance with the Contract Documents as delegated by the Project Manager
- Assists with the scopes of work, bid package development and helps solicit subcontractors and suppliers
- Proactively manages the project budget by controlling expenses, administering owner and subcontractor billings, identifying work not covered by subcontractor's scope of work/budget and ensuring the success of office support functions related to the overall cost and scheduled completion
- Assists in the development of the site utilization plan
- Assists Project Manager in the review and coordination of Loss Prevention, project Sustainability Action Plan (SAP) and Quality Control Program
- Responsible for proactive administration of reviewing and processing all submittal data and shop drawings to ensure project schedules are expedited and materials are delivered on time.
- Distributes proposal change documents to subcontractors/suppliers and assists in collecting pricing and/or prepares change proposal requests for internal pricing review.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelors Degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Civil Engineering or related field
- 2+ years experience in Construction or Civil Engineering or related field
- 2+ years experience in Commercial Construction Project Management
- Field experience in podium construction a must, wrap construction acceptable
- Extensive computer knowledge, Windows (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), Bluebeam, internet and e-mail
- Working knowledge of Construction and Project Management software. Procore preferred.
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary with a bonus program
- Eligibility for our benefits on your first day of employment (medical, dental vision)
- An opportunity to be part of a health/wellness organization
- Annual wellness discounts
- 401K with company matching
- Educational assistance
- 11 paid holidays per year