Project Engineer with heavy civil experience
Opportunity for growth at a large GC
About Our Client
Large General Contractor looking for a Construction Project Engineer to oversee construction planning and projects. Ensure the project complies with all engineering standards, codes, specifications and design instructions.
- Assisting Project Managers with detailed engineering analysis in the preparation of engineering reports, permit applications and construction plan preparation
- Directing and training Civil Design Technicians and/or Civil Designers
- Independently evaluating plans and conducting work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection and substantial adaptation/modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria
- Creating new alternatives/approaches to problems encountered and performing difficult and technically challenging work within a specialty area
- Exercising project leadership in a technical or managerial way on certain projects or overseeing portions of large projects
The Successful Applicant
- Knowledge of construction safety and current federal and OSHA requirements.
- Experience in the Underground construction industry, including large diameter Tunnel Boring Machine projects in various conditions.
- Broad overall knowledge of TBM techniques, equipment, and standard procedures.
- Previous experience in estimating tunneling projects or in supporting the estimating process.
- Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment.
- Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering
What's on Offer
Competitive salary plus bonus