Work for one of Michigan's top General Contractors
Competitive salary, family- feel culture, growth opportunity
About Our Client
Reputable General Contractor located in Detroit, Michigan - primary focus on multifamily, commercial and industrial construction projects. Due to a strong pipeline, they are immediately seeking the appointment of an experienced and driven construction project engineer to lead multiple projects across Michigan with the project manager.
As a construction project engineer, you will be responsible for working alongside the project manager on a portfolio of high-profile construction projects. This position will hold full responsibility for projects ranging from $20M to $500M in scope including design review, budget allocation, subcontract hiring, contract negotiation, schedule definition and control, and team management.
The Successful Applicant
To secure this position, you will be a driven and motivated construction professional with previous experience working on commercial, industrial or multifamily projects. Experience in ground up or interiors is flexible.
- 1-4 years of experience working in commercial construction
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or related field
- Manage administrative construction duties, including document control
- Prepare submittal schedules for approval and distribution
- Assist the Project Manager with change orders, subcontractor scheduling and invoicing, reviewing monthly job costs
- Assist the Superintendent with RFI reports, QA/QC documentation, and construction field operations
- Assist with preconstruction tasks, including estimating and quantification
- Collect and log closeout documents and punch lists
What's on Offer
- Competitive compensation package with bonus opportunities ($65,000 - $85,000 salary offered)
- Great health benefits
- 401K with company match
- Opportunity for growth within Organization
If interested in this Construction Project Engineer position, please apply immediately with resume and project list.