- Huge career growth opportunity
- Career growth and opportunity
About Our Client
Global leader in the research, design and manufacture of compounding systems for the polymer processing industry, specializing in highly filled and temperature sensitive applications. We apply our extensive engineering expertise and unique technology solutions to the most complex compounding challenges in order to:
- Achieve energy, process and maintenance efficiencies
- Adapt to new and changing productivity requirements
- Obtain maximum throughput
- Provide short-term and long-term return on investment
- Under general direction of Project Engineering Manager, perform a wide variety of project duties primarily involving design of complete processing lines and plants, but also including modification, adaptation, or changes in previous design, changes in equipment options or requirements, and modernization or standardization of designs.
- Review customer orders, prescribe correct application and prepare engineering instructions and specifications for manufacture or purchase, and prepare or direct any special designs, drawings, Bills-Of-Material and certifications to meet customer requirements.
- Requires complete understanding of product and process application to assist Sales with customer inquiries and project definition.
- Utilize sketches and data submitted to formulate and visualize original design concepts, calculate and check specifications, establish acceptable tolerances and dimensions not specified to determine requirements as to capacities, operating requirements, material selections, and type and method of construction.
- When necessary, visit customer sites to secure additional information and participate in discussions relating to various phases of specifying Farrel Corporation and other equipment.
- Develop and recommend new applications required for adequate functioning of new and re designed process lines and plants.
- Work closely with peers to resolve technical problems, improve quality, operating performance and reliability and reduce project costs.
- Consult with other engineers and vendors: electrical, process, manufacturing regarding design concepts and problems.
- Make, or direct the making of, complete and complex plant, layout, and installation drawings using considerable judgment in the selection of views.
- Direct, instruct and evaluate designers and drafts persons assigned to specific projects.
- Check all drawings for implementation.
- Reviews or participates with project engineering manager in the development of engineering estimated hours for design projects and is responsible for completing a project within estimated engineering hours and material costs.
- Coordinate, with the Purchasing Department, the purchase of systems components and other material and equipment supplied by vendors.
- Prepare all drawings and documentation for comprehensive instruction manuals for each project.
- Field trips may be necessary to evaluate, analyze and make recommendations on customer problems during or after equipment installation/startup.
- Other duties may be assigned by supervisor.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university; or a minimum of four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Experience with 3D modeling in any of the commercially available packages. AutoCAD & REVIT experience desirable.Able to evaluate information quickly, identify key issues and formulate conclusions based on sound, practical judgement, experience, and common sense.
Able to build productive working relationships with customers and internal personnel based on respect and good rapport.
Willing and able to bear high levels of responsibility: making decisions, being accountable.
What's on Offer