Project Engineer/Assistant Project Manager
Be a valuable part of a top rated General Contractor
Work on new exciting construction projects in San Francisco
About Our Client
Leading General Contractor and construction services company based in the San Francisco Bay Area, specializing in multifamily and mixed-use construction projects. Scope of projects range from ground up/ new construction projects to tenant improvement projects of existing facilities. The company performs all aspects of construction including general contracting, construction management, consulting, pre-construction, cost control, scheduling, etc.
- Outlining the project objectives and plans, setting performance requirements, and selecting project participants.
- Managing project start up, commissioning, and turnover.
- Oversee the construction project from start to finish.
- Participate in pre-construction and bid process / value engineering; estimating support.
- Create and define scope definitions
- Perform plan and specification reviews; interface with design team
- Bringing about optimum utilization of resources- labor, materials and equipment.
- Negotiate and manage Owner and Subcontractor contracts and purchase order agreements
- Perform a key role in project planning, budgeting, and identification of resources needed.
- Creating and updating the project schedule.
- Generation, submission, and incorporation of RFIs
- Create the teams, develop the objectives/goals of each and assign individual responsibilities.
- Facilitate Team, OAC, subcontractor meetings
- Pricing, preparing, and negotiating change orders.
- Developing, reviewing, and producing approvable submittals.
- Ensuring that project delivery complies with Contract Documents.
- Being able to forecast and manage labor, material, supplier, and subcontractor costs.
- Tracking manpower and labor productivity
- Oversight of CAD/CAM/BIM processes
- Directly supervises Superintendent, Assistant Project Manager, Project Engineer and consultants involved in the project.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
The Successful Applicant
As the Project Engineer/Assistant Project Manager you will be responsible for supporting the organization, implementation, scheduling of projects, and team collaboration. The qualified candidate will be a an ambitious project management professional, and a personable leader committed to overall company objectives and values.
- Proven experience in strategic planning and risk management
- Ability to read and understand Contract Documents including: contract drawings, specifications, purchase orders, contracts, etc.
- Knowledge of estimating techniques, cost controls, and pricing
- Ability to react to changes in the project environment to ensure and to protect project profitability
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment
- Ability to regularly interact with peers, customers, and management
- Foster and maintain a positive team environment
- Ability to bring projects to successful completion within budget
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel/Word/Outlook and Bluebeam
- CAD/BIM Modeling program knowledge a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- 4 year college degree preferred
- Candidates must be able to, with or without reasonable accommodations, perform the following duties:
- Read and interpret technical documents, including CAD drawings, spreadsheets, schedules, submittals, etc.
- Work at a computer terminal with mouse and keyboard for several hours a day.
- Visit construction projects and navigate uneven terrain; use stairs, ladders, scaffolding, and construction elevators; maneuver in and around pipe work and duct work; safely work in close proximity to construction materials and equipment.
What's on Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life
- Personal Time Off and paid holidays