Project Engineering & Construction Manager
Join an internationally leading IPP to work on their growing portfolio in the US
Leading projects from an Engineering and Construction perspective
About Our Client
Leading international Independent Power Producer (IPP). With offices across the country, and a an ever growing pipeline, that is already several GW in size.
The Project Engineering & Construction Manager will spend 50% of their time in the office, and 50% in the field. Will be -
- Responsible for construction operations for assigned project site.
- Coordinate with Sr. Director Construction.
- The implementation and supervision of compliance and corporate policies.
- Operationally reports to Program Manager.
- Implement EPC Contract.
- Participate with project team in change order resolutions
- Participate in the development and updating project construction, budget schedule and risk analysis.
- Hold design review for 30% kickoff meeting between EPC and SME's
- Coordinate review and closure of the following documents:
- 30%/60%/IFC/IFC/As-built design
- Change Orders
- Site investigations
- Attend weekly conference call with internal EPC team.
- Attend monthly meetings on site.
- Coordinate other engineering disciplines within the company.
- Attend SCADA weekly meetings and ensure deliverables are met. SCADA schedule to be updated.
- Ensure all SCADA vendors all coordinated with deliverable (turbine, substation, BoP Contactor, ISO, Utility, etc.).
- Ensure IT team has equipment ordered and telecom is ordered on time support.
- Coordinate PI integration for the project.
- Coordinate with RAG for any EPE changes (equipment, capacity, etc.).
- Coordinate engineering deliverables with Utility, ISO, and off-taker (bi monthly calls).
- Provide/coordinate engineering documents for submittal to IE for project finance.
- Coordinate with generation/asset management for any metering or other generation engineering deliverables.
- Coordinate document control, with site admin, and downloading drawings/submittals to company server.
Page Group USA is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Project Engineering & Construction Manager will have -
- Typically has some level of college education or equivalent business experience.
- Electrical, Civil and/or Mechanical Engineering degree preferred
- 8+ year's industry experience of which 5 years must be at a management level with full responsibility for project construction. A recognized expert with extensive and comprehensive knowledge in area of expertise.
- Extensive and diversified knowledge of relevant codes, standards and engineering principles and practices required to produce safe, efficient, reliable, easy to operate and maintain, and cost-effective designs a plus.
- Previous supervisory duties (at least 4 direct/indirect reports) 5+ years.
- Experienced with various Microsoft software programs including but not limited to Word, Excel, Visio, Project, Outlook, and PowerPoint.Experienced in engineering software including XMap, MapInfo, and Micro-Site.Knowledgeable of other programs such as Wind Farm, AutoCAD, and Adobe Acrobat a plus.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal communication and management skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter, friendly personality, and good team player.
- Highly motivated, self-starter, ability to work well with others and be a good team player
- Good organizational and communication skills.
What's on Offer
Base up to $125k
Based in San Diego - relocation assistance offered.