Well-known general contractor in Detroit
Opportunity for growth, benefit package, great experience, competitive salary
About Our Client
A Contractor who has been in operations for over 25 years, my client is well-known in the Michigan Market with an excellent reputation in the Construction Industry. Due to growth, they are currently seeking to appoint a Estimator with immediate effect to take ownership of estimation for the construction team.
Estimator position will play a key part in developing a structure to support the recruitment of future estimators and establish a firm estimation department for the company.
- Attend pre-bid meetings, walk-throughs and site visits.
- Review bid requirements for projects ensuring all aspects of the project are documented and accounted for.
- Prepare takeoffs, work with subs and suppliers to secure competitive pricing.
- Identify, manage and maintain relationships with subcontractors, ensuring bids are completed timely, completely, and accurately.
- Develop and sustain working relationships with clients through direct communication.
- Properly turn over bid documents and sub/supplier buyout information to Project Manager in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned.
The Successful Applicant
Estimator will ideally have led teams in the past given the strong emphasis this role has on the development of a new team.
- Bachelors Degree in a Construction Related Field
- Knowledge of HCSS software, Agtek 4D, and Sage Contractor is a plus
- Track record in estimating successful civil construction projects
- Have great organizational skills, and be able to handle complex responsibilities.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office, Outlook & Excel.
- Ability to read blueprints and construction documents.
- Ability to negotiate terms and conditions.
Knowledge of project management and accounting fundamentals relating to the construction industry
What's on Offer
This is an opportunity not to be missed if you are seeking to secure a Construction Estimator role.
Reporting directly into the Vice President of Estimating, the position is a high profile role and will secure a competitive salary with benefits and a year-end bonuses. Salary base ranging from 100,000-130,000 based on experience.