Project Manager - Chicago Construction
High base salary, bonus potential, vehicle of choice & tuition reimbursement
Quick promotion to Senior Project Manager
About Our Client
Our client is one of the top 5 General Contractors in the Chicago area. The company was founded over 100 years ago and has been steadily growing ever since. They have a diverse portfolio of projects including healthcare, education, industrial, multifamily and retail. The President is looking for future leaders to join the company.
- Running the scheduling from project inception to finish
- Manage financial aspects including estimating, budgets, and cost reports
- Conduct weekly meetings and communicate daily with the Superintendent and construction team
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Train and develop the project team
- Manage subcontractor schedules and quality of work
- Read and interpret plans, proposals and other documentation to create bids.
- Track and analyze data to reduce gaps between estimates and actual costs.
- Obtain and track subcontract bids and negotiate budgets.
- Prepare and present estimate documentation, including gaps in available data.
- Prepares estimates according to the requirements of multiple delivery systems. Reviews quotes and estimates with the project management team
- Assists with certain post-bid buyouts.
- Initiates and participates in meet and greet presentations with subcontractors and suppliers.
- Comprehends contract requirements for diversity compliance.
The Successful Applicant
- B.S in Construction Management or relevant degree
- Understand costs and market conditions
- Light industrial construction experience
- The ability to lead and manage a team underneath you
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in Commercial & Residential projects
- 5+ years of experience
- Experience in leading a team
What's on Offer
- Salaries up to $130K dependent on experience
- Excellent career growth opportunities - add value immediately!
- Direct communication with the President
- Great benefits packages with little cost to the employee
- Opportunity to be a part of a growing company with a ton of repeat business
- Work/life balance with flexible hours and autonomy