Project Manager (Civil Construction Contractor)
Upwards growth structure & working with senior leadership
Working on exciting projects with a top civil contractor
About Our Client
The client is an established Civil Contractor throughout Chicagoland. They are looking for an experienced Project Manager to oversee upcoming projects.
- Project Portfolio: Heavy highway, bridge work, working with public clients like IDOT and ISTHA as well as smaller municipalities
- Size: Current headcount 100 employees, $150M/year, been established over 40 years
- Project Locations: throughout Chicago and suburbs of Chicago
- Determine the scheduling of different phases of a project based on established deadlines.
- Negotiate contracts with architects, vendors, contractors and other workers.
- Secure building permits and licenses and delivery of materials and equipment to construction sites.
- Monitor construction progress, including worker productivity and compliance with building and safety codes.
- Direct project progress meetings with Superintendents and Subcontractors to review quality, safety, scheduled project progress, submittal requirements, and material deliveries to ensure attainment of project objectives, schedule completion, and timely delivery.
- Review, plan and schedule the project progress to obtain personnel, material and equipment needs, and Subcontractor performance in a manner consistent with scheduled requirements, budgeted costs and timely deliveries.
- Cultivate a working relationship with Project Managers, Superintendents, Subcontractors, and Clients in a manner that encourages a cooperative environment, team effort and professional approach.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgement in making decisions on assigned projects to resolve construction-related problems and issues, such as recognizing and understanding any conflicts or scope gaps in the contract plans and specifications, and come to an agreeable resolution between Architect, Owner and Subcontractor(s).
The Successful Applicant
- 5-10+ years as a Project Manager in Civil Construction
- Has experience working on heavy highway projects and/or bridge projects
- Ability to read and understand drawings and specifications
- Familiarity with Project Management tools and/or software package (PlanSwift, Bluebeam)
- Decision making ability and leadership skills
- Time management and organization skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial to the success of the PM
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary between $95,000-$115,000 depending on project experience and skills
- Personalized Bonus Structure
- Company vehicle provided
- 401(k) with 5% company match
- Company Cell phone or Allowance ($100/month)
- Comprehensive benefits package (HSA Options, 100% coverage for individual)
- 20 PTO days + 11 Paid Holidays and Summer hours between Memorial and Labor day