Project Manager - Civil Construction
Top ranked ENR firm covering the Chicago market for large projects
Company goal of doubling it's size by 2025 w/ repeat client already secured
About Our Client
A leading civil construction contractor with 70+ years' experience delivering successful civil & infrastructure projects across the Chicagoland area. My client has secured work for 2021 and needs qualified and experienced Project Managers to come on board and lead teams from the front. With some recent changes within the organization, my client wants someone who is willing to do what it takes to standout and someone who enjoys juggling 1-3 heavy civil projects at a time.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Responsible for the management of the entire project, including scheduling, purchasing, quality and safety.
- Ability to participate in preconstruction services, including estimating and value engineering
- Supervisory responsibility for Project Engineer(s), Assistant Project Manager(s), and Construction Intern assigned to contract(s) and/or work orders
- Collaborate with other Project Manager(s) to find alternative solutions
- Collaborate with Superintendent(s) on subcontracts and self-perform scopes of work
- Negotiate financial disputes and change orders with owners
- Point of contact for project management staff, architects, subcontractors, owners, engineers and more
- Document and negotiate changes that may affect project completion or contract costs with subcontractors and owners
- Develop field quality assurance and quality control plan with Superintendent
- Collaboration of project safety plan with Superintendent(s)
- Responsible for managing MBE/WBE subcontracting requirements
The Successful Applicant
Project Manager (Civil Construction) Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or related field/equivalent experience.
- Heavy Civil Construction background with 5+ year's field experience.
- Experience managing multiple Project Engineers.
- Must be safety oriented - 10-hour and 30-hour OSHA certificates are preferred.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong work ethic - willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Ability to function as a team builder/player.
- The ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environments.
What's on Offer
The Project Manager (Civil Construction) will recieve a strong base pay + benefits + bonus