Project Manager -- Commercial Construction
NYC based Commercial General Contractor seeking great Project Managers
Must have experience with high-end commercial interior build outs!
About Our Client
Our client, a large NYC based general contractor, specializing in commercial interior fit-outs in the NYC area. They have a strong reputation within the industry, and specialize in high-end commercial interiors projects (corporate, retail, hospitality).
- Professional planning and hands on management/oversight for multiple projects including: Security, Signage, Major Renovations and Tenant Improvement project types.
- Manage multiple projects at various phases and in various locations, from project identification through design, planning, client approval, permit issuance, construction and financial closeout.
- Manage projects with budgets ranging from $1M to $10M+
- Demonstrate full accountability for end to end management of projects.
- Lead project teams consisting of architects, design engineers, general and specialty contractors, property management, operating engineers, environmental consultants, client Project Management Organization, client security, and client technology teams.
- Provide weekly project activity updates to Team Lead for Project Schedule, Budget, and Risk and provide activity updated for same into Client's Project Management web based tools.
- Apply top tier project management skills during client interactions to decipher client needs and develop project goals and scope of work.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, architecture, construction management or related field is preferred.
- Architecture, Engineering, or Project Management certification preferred
- 5+ years of project management experience in all aspects of design and construction.
- Exposure to high-end commercial interior projects (corporate, retail, hospitality)
- Experience with project scope development, budgeting, scheduling, risk management and contract negotiations is required
- Proficient with the use of Microsoft Office Suite, project scheduling software, and web based applications
- Familiarity with architectural drawings; furniture, fixtures, and equipment; design and space planning concepts; construction costs and schedules.
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem solving ability.
- Excellent verbal / written communication and presentation skills.
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
What's on Offer
- Base Salary
- Full Medical Benefits covered
- 401K Match
- Paid Time Off
- Room for growth/leadership opportunities