Project Manager (Commercial Interiors)
Diverse project portfolio
Great Leadership team
About Our Client
Our client is an established full service General Contractor with a strong network of private clients throughout the MSP. They are looking for an experienced Project Manager to step in and oversee multiple projects. Historically their projects have consisted of tenant improvement & remodels up to $20M. Now focusing on the northern suburbs they will be starting a a ground up mixed-use building in April worth $22M. They have strategically grown over the last 5 years and just moved into a new office building in January.
- Project Portfolio: Office Space, Light Industrial, Retail, Mixed-Use
- Size: Current headcount is 35
- Revenue: $50M in 2018, have grown by $5M year over year for the past 3 years
- Project Locations: Twin Cities' (Edina, Minnetonka, Eden Prairie)
- Direct and oversee construction projects from conception to completion while monitoring compliance with safety and building regulations.
- Coordinate subcontractors and the construction team to meet contractual conditions of performance.
- Prepare external and internal reports relating to job status, daily progress, estimates, and deliverables.
- Negotiate agreement terms, manage construction contract drafts, bid on projects, and obtain permits to analyze and mitigate risks.
- Communicate with the responsible parties to ensure quality construction exceeds company standards and proper industry techniques and processes are utilized, while ensuring the client's needs and wants are efficiently met.
- Review projects on a daily basis to ensure quality construction standards exist and estimates remain within budget.
- Supervise construction projects to ensure they are completed on time and exceed the customer's requirements.
- Work under deadlines in a fast-paced environment to plan and coordinate all aspects of the building process from hiring contractors to working with engineers, architects, and vendors.
The Successful Applicant
- 2+ years as a Project Manager in a Commerical General Contractor
- Ability to read and understand drawings and specifications
- Familiarity with Project Management tools and/or software package (PlanSwift, Bluebeam)
- Decision making ability and leadership skills
- Time management and organization skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial to the success of the PM
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary between $80,000-$110,000, depending on project experience and skills
- Personalized Bonus Structure (Average payout of $15,000 for 2018)
- Vehicle allowance ($650/month) with American Express card
- 401(k) with 5% company match
- Company Cell phone or Allowance ($100/month)
- Comprehensive benefits package (HSA Options, 100% coverage for individual)
- 20 PTO days + 11 Paid Holidays and Summer hours between Memorial and Labor day