- High Volume GC in Milwaukee
- Remote Flexibility, Path for upward mobility, Competitive market salary
About Our Client
Our client is a premier General Contractor located in Milwaukee, WI and are currently involved in numerous high profile projects. With an extensive project backlog of projects they have a high demand for qualified candidates. The client is seeking an experienced Project Manager that can arrive and prove themselves worthy of more seniority and responsibility. Having been ranked a Top Place to Work in 2021 our client is committed to employee work-life balance. Along with its commitment to their employees, this client has won countless awards that include Best New Development, Project of the Year and Project Manager of the Year. Furthermore, having won Best Green Built Project, this client is committed to environmentally friendly projects.
- Establish and maintain working professional relationships with the project design team, company field and office personnel, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Lead the preparation of construction documents.
- Administer contracts with owner, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Manage value engineering efforts.
- Prepare and process all paperwork and documents to owner, project design team and subcontractors in a timely and complete manner.
- Ensure compliance with construction permits.
- Prepare and maintain project schedule and budgets, communicating changes to project personnel as needed.
- Review, approve, and process draw requests and payments to suppliers and subcontractors.
- Work with owner in transitioning the project from construction to residential operations.
- Address all project completion and warranty issues and prepare final close-out documentation.
- Manage budget and financial reporting.
- Interpret and analyze reports to ensure adherence to project budget.
- Manage the Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) program.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Four-year degree from an accredited university with a concentration in construction, engineering, or business strongly preferred
- 4+ years of experience in commercial construction, including experience with a commercial general contractor
- Previous experience in a project management role with the ability to execute multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to organize necessary resources, including people, tools, and time to meet tight deadlines and achieve desired results
- Mastery of reading construction drawings; tasks including reading, interpreting, and updating construction project-related drawings
- Ability to master sector/project-specific software systems including Microsoft Office suite, ProCore, Adobe, BlueBeam, JD Edwards
- In-depth knowledge of current market conditions including pricing conventions and trends
- Must demonstrate a strong ability to:
- Communicate clearly, concisely, and professionally
- Present complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and passion for construction
- Act as a leader and possess knowledge of specific projects while facilitating the decision-making process
- Be proactive, take initiative, and seek responsibility
- Recognize quality and implement contractual/quality standards
- Seek continuous improvement of knowledge and abilities with an internal focus on self-improvement
- Demonstrate integrity consistent with core values of company
What's on Offer
- Up to $125,000 base salary
- 401k plan with company contributions
- Vehicle Allowance
- Cell phone plan
- Performance based Bonus potential
- Fast Tracked career progression
- Competitive Family Health Insurance Plans
- 3 - 4 weeks PTO
- 8 paid holidays
- Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Short term/Long term disability
- Referral Bonus