- Great company culture where caring for employees is at the forefront
- Nationally Recognized General Contractor
About Our Client
Nationally recognized General Contractor, who care about bringing long-lasting facilities to our clients and providing the best culture and opportunities for our employees. This General Contractor has it's own in-house education program, you'll find the resources, support, and training necessary to put you on the path to success.
The position is responsible for managing daily activities and issues related to completing a construction project, including overall project planning, scheduling, project cost accounting, quality control, contract administration, safety management, labor and equipment resources, and owner and architect relationships.
- Oversees construction projects from start to finish using the companies pre-planning guide to start each project and developing a Master Project Schedule that is updated monthly and communicated to all subcontractors, suppliers, owners, architects and field personnel.
- Develops a Master Variance for accounting of the entire project before the project starts using the master variance guidelines and ensures all bills from subcontractors, suppliers, equipment and labor are coded regularly per the Guidelines.
- Manages all contracts, pay requests, change orders, RFI's, ASI's, with the Owner and Architect in a timely fashion. Follows up with owners on unpaid invoices.
- Creates and manages all subcontracts and purchase orders per the Company Guidelines, and ensures all documents are completed and signed.
- Checks shop drawings of all items in a timely manner for accuracy and compliance with specifications. Ensures all items are delivered per the contract schedule so as to not slow field progress. Follows up with architects and engineers to make sure they are not delaying progress per internal schedules. Communicates any problems to the Division Manager.
- Ensures work put in place is to quality standards of the plans and specifications of the project.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
Qualified Construction Project Manager will have the following:
- 4+ years of experience as a Commercial or Multifamily Construction Project Manager overseeing projects ranging from $15-50M+ in value
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Able to manage team of employees and multiple projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to build solid relationships with team members, vendors, and customers
- Able to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Organized and able to create multiple timelines, budgets, and schedules
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal building code regulations
- Computer Skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office; Microsoft Project and experience with Project Management software preferred
What's on Offer
Competitive pay, a family atmosphere, and great benefits are part of our culture of celebrating and appreciating our people.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with guaranteed match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
- Paid education opportunities
- Company car and fuel card
- Company provided laptop
- Company provided cell phone
- Company Apparel
- Safety Incentives for Field Employees
- Milestone Anniversary Gifts
- Company Events (Picnics and Christmas Party)
- Diaper Bundle Program for new parents
- Flu Shots, and so much more!