- Based in Chicago, IL
- Project Manager for a top ENR General Contractor for their interiors division
About Our Client
My client is a construction general contractor that has been in the Chicagoland area for over 80 years. They are an established construction contractor that has focused on creating relationships with their clients for continued repeat business. About 96% of their business is repeat and complete both ground up and interior construction projects. They have been steadily growing the past 15 years and have continued to deliver high quality projects and win construction work even through economic downturns. They have around 150 people within their company and work on construction projects throughout the Chicagoland area.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
My client is seeking a Project Manager for construction projects specifically within federal, healthcare, and commercial construction projects. This role will report directly into a Senior Project Manager and will have support from Assistant Project Managers on the construction projects. The role of the Project Manager will include the following:
- Managing all documentation to ensure project is compliant, remains on schedule and remains within budget while monitoring all costs.
- Obtaining, assembling, distributing and filling all as-built drawings, warranties, certificates of occupancy and lien releases.
- Scheduling projects in logical steps and budgeting time required to meet deadlines.
- Preparing and submitting budget estimates, progress reports and cost tracking reports.
- Building and maintaining relationships critical to the success of the overall project and company.
This role is excellent for an Estimator within the construction industry looking to continue their growth upwards to a Senior Estimator/Preconstruction Manager. My client intends to continue to grow their team significantly in the coming years and therefore an excellent opportunity to be joining during such an exciting stage in their growth.
Apply today for consideration within 24 hour of resume submission.
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive compensation package, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelors Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or Architecture.
- 5-8+ years of successful completion of construction projects as an Estimator or Preconstruction Manager
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, Prolog
- Ability to interpret construction documents
- A strong knowledge of construction industry laws, contracts, finances, insurance claims avoidance, and liability aspects
- Knowledge of construction engineering principals: methods, schedules, estimating, materials, and sequencing
What's on Offer
- Base salary between $90,000 to $110,000 (dependent upon experience)
- Performance related bonus structure
- Project Manager title
- 900/mo car allowance + gas card
- 401K plan
- 15 PTO days and 8 holidays
- Paternity leave
- Maternity leave