- My client is offering a strong base salary + benefits + 401K + car allowance
- There is tremendous opportunity to grow within the company
About Our Client
My client is a full service design/build, general contract and construction management contractor focusing on tenant improvement and ground-up construction. Founded in 1999, my client prides itself on maintaining a family orientated business environment. Started in Chicago, my client now has offices in six different states and shows no sign of slowing down. One of the premier general contractors in Chicagoland area, my client's portfolio includes office, health-care, distribution/warehousing, manufacturing, aviation and sports entertainment.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Oversee the successful management of construction projects. Provides leadership to the team with respect to project goals, objectives and client expectations.
- Ensures efficient coordination of project requirements. Leads the team in cooperative and synergistic efforts with other disciplines on projects.
- Reviews all reporting systems and procedures and prepares reports to clients and senior management defining progress and cost.
- Promote and maintain client relationships.
- Prepare individual packages for competitive bidding of all project work. Receive, analyze and clarify all bids. Make award recommendations.
- Establish and monitor project costs and schedule.
- Receive, review and process all vendor submittals including expediting delivery of materials and equipment.
- Prepare all required project status reports to inform and coordinate with client.
- Develop and implement site utilization plan and establishes needed crew sizes
The Successful Applicant
- Construction background with 10+ year's experience, preferably within Higher Education.
- Experience managing multiple Project Engineers.
- Must be safety oriented - 10-hour and 30-hour OSHA certificates are preferred.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong work ethic - willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Ability to function as a team builder/player.
- The ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environments.
- Ability to be on site during early stages of project
What's on Offer
- $110K-$125k base salary
- Annual bonus
- Top tier medical, dental, vision benefits
- 401K (3% match)
- Company phone, tablet, laptop
- Mileage reimbursement
- 4 weeks PTO