- $1M - $20M public project experience required
- Great growth opportunity
About Our Client
Well established and reputable Columbus based general contractor that has been family owned for several decades. This contractor continues to win work and now has a heavy backlog of projects for some key clients. The construction project manager needs to have both ground up and renovation experience. Some of their upcoming work includes work at the Airport, City of Columbus and Public Library.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Oversee total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Includes interfacing with client representatives, A/E representatives, subcontractors, suppliers, etc.
- Responsible for project setup, schedule, cost control, quality control, project communications, project relationships, change management, project closeout and safety.
- Plan, coordinate and/or supervise activities of company personnel on assigned project(s).
- Ensure all company, client, and project policies, procedures, standards, etc., are adhered to. Interpret policies as required.
- Maintain official project log and documentation files.
- Assist with implementation/interpretation of safety programs.
- Provide direction to planning, scheduling, and engineering functions as required.
- Monitor/control construction through administrative direction of on-site Superintendent to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget; investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
- Assume additional responsibilities as directed by corporate executives.
The Successful Applicant
- 4 year engineering, construction management, or architecture degree or equivalent,
- 10 years+ of experience/knowledge of construction, design, finance, and management required.
- Must be able to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee and subcontractor performance.
- Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities is essential
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills essential.
- Directly responsible for profit/loss, schedule and job cost control/adherence, contractual performance, careful observance of Corporate Policies and Procedures and to protect/promote the interest of the company
- Candidates must have previous experience managing commercial construction contracts ranging $1-$20M on multiple projects, supervising trade contractors, scheduling and maintaining financial control of the project
What's on Offer
- Generous base salary, $90K - $115K commensurate with experience
- Annual bonus program, based on individual performance
- 6 month performance reviews
- Full company health, dental, vision benefits
- 401K - comany match
- Company phone/laptop
- 3 weeks PTO, plus sick/personal time
- Flexible and autonomous environment
- Great growth opportunity