- Project Manager with uncapped room for growth
- Extremely competitive compensation package with room for growth
About Our Client
Work as an Electrical Project Manager for an electrical subcontractor that focuses on a diverse project list throughout the Chicagoland area. Founded over 50 years ago, they have become a top electrical subcontractor that has projects valued up to $10M. These projects include: manufacturing facilities, food processing facilities, and warehouses. Our client focuses on quality work and hire top quality professionals to maintain those expectations.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Experience in complete Industrial Electrical Job Costing and Tracking.
- Working knowledge with electrical (High/Expert), mechanical (General), pipe work (General), civil work (General), structural work (General).
- Ability to coordinate multiple craft labor resources.
- Ability to understand and coordinate installation methods of civil, mechanical, and electrical works, as to prevent physical interference of the final installed product between the three installation types.
- Working knowledge of industrial construction, design, finance, and project management.
- Demonstrated ability to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize performance.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; good computer skills including MS Project, Word and Excel.
- Good technical writing skills are required specifically noting construction proposal documents, scope of work documents, and client presentation packages.
- Ability to utilize project proposals and contract as a management tool.
- Ability to understand project scheduling and manpower loading.
- Detailed knowledge base of industrial electrical estimating methods in the areas including Power, Control, Automation, Instrumentation, Lighting, Contract Maintenance, Data/Voice, Fiber Optic Wiring, Project Management.
The Successful Applicant
- 2+ years of experience in Construction Project Management
- Working knowledge of electrical contracting
- Working knowledge of construction technology and details. Candidate must be extremely proficient reviewing and understanding all construction documents including specifications and drawings
- Excellent communication skills with various parties including management, subcontractors, consultants, architects, vendors, and clients.
What's on Offer
- A competitive base salary between $60,000-$90,000 (Depending on Experience)
- Competitive bonus structure, project/profit based. Typically between $8,000-$15,000 in the first year)
- Medical insurance including dental and vision (100% coverage for individual and dependents)
- Generous 401K structure
- Gas card
- Company profit sharing
- Robust career advancement opportunity
- Strong training programs
- 10 PTO Days
- Company wide events