Project Manager / Estimator - Construction
National contractor with projects all over the US
Strong pipeline, excellent benefits and family-oriented culture
About Our Client
My client is driven by a passionate leadership team that prioritizes keeping their employees happy and well-taken care of. They know how important it is to have a positive and healthy company culture, so they always make time for team bonding/social activities. They are well-known in the market for low staff turnover and quick progression into leadership positions. Due to the company's success in recent years, high-performing employees have received generous and higher than average bonuses.
This general contractor handles a wide variety of construction projects in the Greater Columbus Area. They have a reputation of producing high quality work, meeting project deadlines, respecting project budgets, and being easy to work with.
Our client is passionate about earning business the right way through cultivating lasting relationships with their developers.
- Preconstruction responsibilities in partnership with the Development team & Acquisitions team for the feasibility phase for each project.
- The Project Manager/Estimator will have overall responsibility for onsite operations of the project including planning scheduling, meeting with contractors and reviewing all contracts to ensure compliance.
- Review/explain engineering and architectural plans to the construction site staff.
- Work with the Superintendent in partnership to review scope of work and prepare a detailed project schedule using Microsoft Project. Review and make modified changes to existing schedules for specific project requirements.
- Oversee and make the correct entries for all contracts, change orders and purchase order details into Project Cost Reports. Utilize information from Yardi to update reports on a monthly basis.
- Liaison with the project accounting staff to ensure all information is provided accurately, on time, and in accordance with compliance.
- Work with all vendors and departments regarding submittals, operation manuals, warranties and other required paper work for required project completion.
- Work in partnership with Property Management team to schedule building walks, delivery schedules, and confirmation of dates for occupancy.
- Ensure successful completion and turnover of projects.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree is a requirement. Preferably in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or relative field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in construction.
- Ability to analyze construction documents, and ability to read blueprints.
- Knowledge of construction management theory and practice.
- Competent with Microsoft Word, Excel and MS Project.
- Experience in ground up construction projects.
- Full understanding and knowledge of construction cost accounting/budgeting systems.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary + project based bonus & annual bonus
- Opportunity to invest in projects/properties
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Monthly cell phone allowance
- 401k Matching
- Covered medical, dental & vision