Project Manager-GC & Developer
General Contractor with Development Arm
Competitive Compensation Package
About Our Client
The client is an established Minnesota based general contractor with a development arm. They are looking for an experienced Project Manager to step in and oversee multiple projects. They will be started a ground up mixed-use building in March worth $22M located just south of Minneapolis. They have strategically grown over the last 5 years and just moved into a new office building in January.
- Project Portfolio: Office, Light Industrial, Retail, Mixed-Use
- Size: Current headcount is 19, looking to get to 25 by end of 2019
- Revenue: $45M in 2018, have grown by $5M year over year for the past 3 years
- Project Locations: Twin Cities' (Edina, Minnetonka, Eden Prairie)
- Direct and oversee construction projects from conception to completion while monitoring compliance with safety and building regulations.
- Coordinate subcontractors and the construction team to meet contractual conditions of performance.
- Prepare external and internal reports relating to job status, daily progress, estimates, and deliverables.
- Negotiate agreement terms, manage construction contract drafts, bid on projects, and obtain permits to analyze and mitigate risks.
- Communicate with the responsible parties to ensure quality construction exceeds company standards and proper industry techniques and processes are utilized, while ensuring the client's needs and wants are efficiently met.
- Review projects on a daily basis to ensure quality construction standards exist and estimates remain within budget.
- Supervise construction projects to ensure they are completed on time and exceed the customer's requirements.
- Work under deadlines in a fast-paced environment to plan and coordinate all aspects of the building process from hiring contractors to working with engineers, architects, and vendors.
The Successful Applicant
- 2+ years as a Project Manager in a Commerical General Contractor
- Ability to read and understand drawings and specifications
- Familiarity with Project Management tools and/or software package (PlanSwift, Bluebeam)
- Decision making ability and leadership skills
- Time management and organization skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial to the success of the PM
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary between $90,000-$120,000, depending on project experience and skills
- Personalized Bonus Structure (Average payout of $10,000 in for first year PMs)
- Vehicle allowance with American Express card
- 401(k) with 5% company match
- Company Cell phone or Allowance ($100/month)
- Comprehensive benefits package (HSA Options, 100% coverage for individual)
- 20 PTO days + 11 Paid Holidays and Summer hours between Memorial and Labor day