Project Manager - Heavy Construction
Exposure to advanced Heavy Highway projects
Transparent career growth with direct exposure to Owners
About Our Client
Known around the industry as a leader in the Civil realm, they are selective on who they bring on board as their turnover rate is extremely low and they want to keep it that way. They are based in the west suburbs of Chicago and complete work across the IL, IN, WI and MI markets acting primarily as the GC for some of the most notable projects in the industry.
- Monitor the construction or design job scope, schedule and budget to ensure quality on time delivery within budget
- Attend progress meetings and book meetings, helping to facilitate issue identification and resolution
- Review construction schedule submissions and recommend time extension requests
- Perform accurate project revenue and cost financial forecasting to ensure corporate profitability goals are met.
- Coordinate with estimators and project controls group to establish budget.
- Lead estimating efforts on vertically integrated projects to ensure accurate and consistent bid to build process.
- Coordinate efforts with estimators, large project sponsor, and manager of construction to manage resources to meet project schedule.
- Participate in bid review and bid closing to ensure accuracy of bid and evaluate project feasibility; work with estimating team to develop bid schedule.
- Coordinate with large project sponsor, manager of construction and project team to develop comprehensive plan for project start up and successful kick-off.
- Provide environment where dynamic project communication occurs between Project Engineers, Foremen, Superintendents and Construction
The Successful Applicant
- BS degree in Engineering, Construction Management or relevant field
- Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to read and understand drawings and specifications
- Familiarity with Project Management tools and/or software package
- Decision making ability and leadership skills
- Time management and organization skills
- 3 to 5 years progressive project experience in heavy civil environments
- Experience in paving, dirt, and grading in either private or public environments
What's on Offer
- Very competitive base salary
- Great bonus structure - never missed a bonus over the past 15 years
- Car allowance if needed, but all PM's get a truck
- Great company culture with good work/life balance
- 401k match
- Great PTO plan
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Ability to quickly move up to managerial role
- Opportunity to immediately grow to a senior level role with hard work