Project Manager - Life Science/Manufacturing Construction
Project Manager role with quick opportunity for career progression
Chance to join a market leader in the southeast construction sector
About Our Client
Michael Page has been retained by a national construction management firm with a storied history in the southeast construction market. With an established presence in Raleigh-Durham, the office builds predominantly in the Pharmaceutical, advanced manufacturing, distribution, and commercial markets with work typically $20M - $40M range but have built $100M projects. Since the business has focused on its core markets, they have proven market stability during recent economic turns. The business is seeking a Project Manager - Top ENR Pharma/Life Science Construction to join the team and report into the Director of Operations.
Please apply below now for immediate consideration or contact Harry directly at 617-824-2662.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Reporting into the Director of Operations, the Project Manager - Life Science/Manufacturing Construction will be responsible for the following:
- Assess scope of work and resources required to successfully complete the project.
- Verifies project estimate for completeness with detailed review of proposal specifications, drawings, and all contract documents.
- Supervises total construction efforts to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Includes interfacing with owner, A/E representatives, subcontractors, etc.
- Plans, coordinates and supervises on site functions (scheduling, engineering, material control, etc.), and provides day-to-day direction of on site administrative staff.
- Provides technical assistance, i.e., interpretation of drawings, recommending construction methods and equipment, etc., as required. Oversees and reviews extra work estimating and issuance of change orders.
- Administers financial tracking systems to monitor project costs and forecast the remaining project cost.
- Prepares complete plan of execution.
- Performs additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
- Strives to foster good work relations with clients and subcontractors.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Project Manager - Life Science/Manufacturing Construction will have the following attributes:
- 5+ years in project management with a General Contractor
- Proven project experience in the Pharma or biotech markets is preferred, but not required
- Comfortable leading projects and managing a large project team
- Bachelors Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or related field
- Strong oral communication and written skills
- Proficiency in software Viewpoint, BIM, Prolog, etc. is a plus
- OSHA 30 Hr Certification required
- local to Raleigh-Durham, although candidates who are relocating will be considered
What's on Offer
The successful Project Manager - Life Science/Manufacturing Construction will receive:
- Base salary depending on experience, $95,000-$120,000
- Full benefits package complete with Health, Vision, Dental insurance, 401k match
- Company vehicle and gas card
- Yearly bonus based on individual and project team performance
- Opportunity to join a rapidly growing business and market leader!