- There is a clear growth path with detailed promotion guidelines
- My client is offering flexible work hours and hybrid working options
About Our Client
My client is a well established General Contractor in the Chicagoland area. They are a national company and brought in over a billion dollars in annual revenue. However their corporate office is right here in Chicago so there is direct exposure to high level executive positions. All of their business is light industrial construction for high level clients. They specialize in distribution centers for Amazon, Proctor & Gamble, and Kellog's. The majority of the work is outside of the Chicago area but the company is offering flexible work options such as remote or hybrid working models.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Oversee the successful management of construction projects. Provides leadership to the team with respect to project goals, objectives and client expectations.
- Ensures efficient coordination of project requirements. Leads the team in cooperative and synergistic efforts with other disciplines on projects.
- Reviews all reporting systems and procedures and prepares reports to clients and senior management defining progress and cost.
- Promote and maintain client relationships.
- Demonstrate effective teamwork through the establishment of successful interpersonal relationships with co-workers and other disciplines within the Company.
- Prepare individual packages for competitive bidding of all project work. Receive, analyze and clarify all bids. Make award recommendations.
- Negotiate, award and administer all subcontracts, purchase orders and change orders.
- Establish and monitor project costs and schedule.
- Perform frequent job site inspections and project progress meetings.
- Receive, review and process all vendor submittals including expediting delivery of materials and equipment.
The Successful Applicant
- B.S in Construction Management or relevant degree
- Understand costs and market conditions
- The ability to lead and manage a team underneath you
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with commercial, civil or transportation projects
- 5+ years of experience
- Experience in leading a team
What's on Offer
- Salaries up to $120K dependent on experience
- Excellent career growth opportunities - add value immediately!
- Direct communication with the President
- Great benefits packages with little cost to the employee
- Opportunity to be a part of a growing company with a ton of repeat business
- Work/life balance with flexible hours and autonomy