- Competitive salary and benefits
- Top ENR Firm with a very promising project pipeline
About Our Client
A top 400 ENR firm with over 25 years in the construction industry has an immediate need for an experienced Project Manager with a strong light industrial or tilt wall background to join the team in Atlanta, GA If you are interested in joining a rapidly growing commercial construction firm with an excellent reputation in its industry, then this may be the opportunity for you.
- Lead in the development of high-performance teams through supervision, training, coaching, and mentoring. Ensure regular feedback is shared with staff including timely completion of employee performance appraisals.
- Manage and develop assigned staff toward maximum job performance and career potential.
- Develop and improve upon assigned client relationships fostering a "trusted advisor" status.
- Understand and administer contract and subcontract agreements.
- Provide leadership to positively influence change.
- Promote GC's involvement in the community to help build strategic relationships and to embrace the community in which we live and work.
- Foster and enhance architect, subcontractor and vendor relations.
- Establish, update, and communicate the Master Project Schedule and manage its implementation.
- May work with preconstruction team in development of project.
- Manage budget and financial reporting, interpret and analyze reports to ensure adherence to project budget.
- Manage the Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) program.
- Provide leadership in risk evaluation, contract negotiations, fee and pricing decisions.
- Understand, comply and advise others on business ethics and compliance programs.
- Demonstrate high standard of persona; accountability and integrity. Mentor staff to the same high standards.
- Manage and oversee field operation and engineering processes and procedures.
- Drive competencies to team on requirements for insurance, labor relations, and employee relations.
- Drive enforcement of safety protocols by the project staff.
- Work with Finance to initiate the Pay Application process and follow up to ensure payment is received in a timely manner.
- Keep management informed on progress for project and budget through regularly scheduled Operations Review Meetings.
- Support and drive utilization of various initiatives. Promote and utilize emerging technologies and innovations to support sustainable competitive advantages.
- Provide leadership to foster an environment of diversity and inclusion.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
Looking for someone who takes ownership of their projects, is comfortable making timely decisions, is great with maintaining client and subcontractor relationships, and can work within a team but with a lot of autonomy. Must have attention to detail and care about quality, budget and getting projects completed on time.
- 4+ years of engineering, architectural, construction or project management experience in related markets
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Project Management, Architecture, Engineering or equivalent
- Strong organizational skills; candidate should be energized by working with different teams, both internal and external.
- Must have a strong background in Light Industrial/ Manufacturing projects or Tiltwall experience.
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects and teams concurrently. Comfortable learning new software platforms to track and organize project information
- Technical background with understanding of building engineering and commercial projects; prior experience in commercial projects
- Detailed knowledge of resource planning and financial planning
- Proficient experience with management/ accounting software, i.e. Jira, Primavera, Smartsheets
- Excellent writing, organization, and communication skills
- Positive attitude and ability to navigate in a fast pace environment
- General knowledge of construction principles and practices
- Team player that's passionate about innovation and driven to optimize and build better buildings and products
What's on Offer
- Great work environment and work-life balance.
- Opportunity for growth and development
- Competitive Salary + aggressive bonus structure
- Monthly Car Allowance
- iPhone and iPad
- Benefits: Health, dental, vision, etc