Project Manager - Multifamily Residential - North of Boston
Join an industry leader in construction for 30 years
80% of their work comes from repeat client relationships
About Our Client
My client is a well established General Contractor, serving the Greater Boston market for 30 years. They offer a diverse portfolio consisting of Academic, Residential, Industrial, Interiors, and Healthcare work with projects up to $50M. They are currently seeking a Project Manager for ground up and renovation projects for multifamily complexes.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Establish the project control plan (job kit). Control the rate of production and quality on all projects, their associated cost and expected receipts.
- Establish base line and monitor construction schedules. Insure construction schedules are adhered and deadlines met.
- Secure building permits, licenses and occupancy certificates.
- Monitor/control construction through administrative direction of on-site Superintendent to ensure building the project on schedule and within budget. Investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses, etc.) to protect company's interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with client and Architect. Review job cost reports and maintain accurate and timely indicated cost reporting.
- Coordinate meetings with Owner's representatives, Architects/Engineers for obtaining approvals to jointly discuss procedures, progress, problems and scheduling.
- Assist in preparation of bid day information.
- Author and issue meeting minutes promptly.
- Schedule and assist in progress meetings with Trade Contractors and Construction Superintendents.
- Secure scheduling for equipment, material, shop drawing submittals and deliveries.
- Assume additional responsibilities or special projects as needed.
Apply today for immediate consideration!
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Project Manager will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Building Construction Technology, or related field required
- 5+ years of construction experience
- 3+ years of lead PM experience
- Experience working on multi-family or assisted living projects
- Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate multiple projects
- Strong literacy of MS Word and Excel
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
What's on Offer
This role offers:
- Competitive base salary
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Life insurance
- 401K with match
- 3 weeks PTO
- Internal career development