Project Manager - Natural Gas Division
Excellent Reputation in the Industry
Competitive Compensation and benefits package
About Our Client
Private, family-owned General Contractor that has been around for almost 100 years. They do approximately $700M/year in revenue across multiple market segments. They specialize in heavy industrial, retail (shopping centers, movie theaters, indoor sky diving), distribution centers, office space, hospitality and manufacturing. They put an emphasis on partnerships over profit as well as placing emphasis on a work/life balance including flexible summer hours. Highlights include:
- $700M/year in revenue
- Diverse project portfolio - retail, industrial (heavy and light), office, hospitality
- Excellent benefits package
- Work/life balance with flexible summer hours
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
As a Project Manager you will:
- Organize and execute the project safety compliance program within the guidelines of company policies. Initiate project safety meetings for on-site supervisors and labor force.
- Interface with the client by receiving and communicating initial project setup information and periodic project status, writing significant project related correspondence, and representing the Company in meetings.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the provisions and requirements of all contract documents.
- Develop and/or analyze the preliminary project documentation, such as project code of accounts, subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Organize and plan the execution of the physical work.
- Develop the project schedule and direct its long term planning and execution. Communicate/coordinate schedule & plan with subcontractors and vendors.
- Recognize on-site activities which may impede project progress or jeopardize compliance to project/contract requirements. Prepare and submit related informational documents to the client or other responsible parties and implement corrective measures.
- Maintain strict control of the project budget for each work activity. Report monthly on the progress and current profitability of the project.
- Write subcontracts and purchase orders for field generated purchases and contracts. Review and approve related subcontractor and vendor invoices and change requests.
- Prepare, quote and negotiate contract changes with client, with Project Directors guidance.
- Maintain open communication with all other support and business units involved with the project.
- Maintain open line of communication with the local union officials.
- Promote goodwill with clients, architects, engineers etc., to facilitate construction activities and future repeat business.
- Supervise the project activities of the on-site project managers and staff.
- Participate in bidding, pre-construction services, budgeting and Continuous Improvement Programs.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Project Manager will have:
- Bachelor degree in Construction Management, Construction Engineering or relevant discipline required.
- Five plus years of project management experience in the industrial construction markets of the Gas market industry.
- Must be familiar with lump sum, unit price, competitive bid environment.
- A proven ability to deliver Project Gross Margin on project assignments.
- Must be familiar with a "self-perform" project environment and be used to working in a unionized labor environment.
- A strong understanding of risk assessment policies and procedures.
- An ability to communicate with and lead professionals including highly technical individuals; strong interpersonal skills required.
- A deep understanding of and proven success in the management of construction operations.
- Strong conceptual planning abilities and problem solving skills.
- Leadership skills that include the ability to inspire commitment, monitor performance, coach and develop people, negotiate positive outcomes, create a collaborative environment, reduce liability, solve problems and issues.
- Ability to travel to out of town assignments.
- General knowledge of the quality and safety requirements relative to the Natural Gas Market
What's on Offer
The Project Manager will receive:
- Salaries up to 140,000 plus bonus, sometimes guaranteed, 7-15%
- Career growth structure
- Per diem when traveling
- Car or Car Allowance
- Excellent benefits package with little cost to employee for healthcare
- 401K match
If interested, give Kim Kuzma a call at 312-706-7947.