- Growing Design Build General Contractor in Racine, WI. About $50M annually
- Values work/life flexibility, company culture and growth upward to Senior PM
About Our Client
- The client is an established full service Design/Build commercial construction General Contractor with a strong network of private clients throughout Wisconsin.
- They prides themselves on their work environment and have great results to show for it with very low turnover.
- They have strategically grown over the last 5 years and moved into a new office building.
- They have an excellent team culture and provide a support structure for all of their employees.
- They have an incredible pipeline lined up for the next 2 years and are in no short supply of work to be done.
- Do not necessarily have a specialty in construction but do many things well. Portfolio includes Senior Living, Light Industrial, Healthcare, Higher and Lower Education, Large Retail, Multi-Family and Municipal work.
- Manage client expectations, queries and project information flow.
- Timely final subcontractor reconciliation and billing, punchlist and all final closeout.
- Participate in developing best practices in project management and implement by leading by example.
- Develop detailed construction budgets.
- Develop construction schedules including milestones, duration's and dependencies.
- Contribute to project programming, design reviews and pro-forma analysis.
- Oversee progress relative to contract construction schedule.
- Schedule and document required government inspections during construction.
- Communicate daily with owners, tenant reps, construction managers, superintendents and project coordinators.
- Manage multiple projects as primary liaison with client.
- Review original estimates and analyze total proposal packages, proactive pre-job planning including: design development, conceptual estimating, scheduling, bidding, buyout, contracts, project team communications and team building.
- Timely handling of client and subcontractor issues, RFIs, change orders, pay applications, monthly cost analysis and reporting.
- Resolve any project issues identified in monthly meetings.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- No limit or minimum requirement on years of experience. They pay you your value added to the company.
- Someone who is a self-starter and who is motivated to grow their construction career quickly. They don't want "coasters" and they will compensate accordingly for it.
- A bachelor degree, preferably in construction management, engineering, architecture or related field but not required. They like business and science degrees as well.
- Good organizational, communications and interpersonal skills
- Negotiating and relationship management skills
- Leadership and management potential
- Competence with Microsoft Office Suite, Construction Estimating and Accounting software is required
- Effective communication skills to motivate your team.
- The fortitude to juggle competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Multi-tasking with a sense of urgency while maintaining strong attention to detail and accuracy is crucial.
- Conduct weekly subcontractor meetings on site.
What's on Offer
- Up to $115,000 base salary
- Individual performance bonus
- Company annual bonus
- $450/month Car allowance
- Mileage for travel outside of the office
- 401k company match
- Company cell phone plan, iPad, Laptop
- Health insurance benefits
- Dental insurance benefits
- Vision insurance benefits
- Minimum 3-4 weeks PTO
- Parental & maternal leave
Call (312) 263-8422 or email me if interested to be considered immediately.