Project Manager - Rail Construction
Take on a leadership role within a reputable general contractor
Join a family oriented company with strong values
About Our Client
Our client is a family owned general contractor that is extremely well known in the Chicago area. They have a large presence in the transportation space, but they also do commercial, education, and government work. This is a great opportunity if you are looking to join a well respected general contractor that takes care of their employees.
Key responsibilities of the Project Manager:
- Manages all aspects of project management (budget, schedule, procurement, quality & risk) for commercial projects including planning, design, construction, and closeout.
- Establish and maintain a strong client relationship by managing expectations throughout process.
- Perform job site visits, and conduct weekly meetings.
- Manage renovation and equipment installation projects
- Maintain paperwork required throughout the project life cycle
- Create action plan to meet objectives, budget and schedule.
- Excellent overall knowledge of the construction industry.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Project Manager:
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineer, Architecture, or Construction Management
- 5+ years as a project manager in commercial construction
- Relevant prior experience running projects from conception to completion ($20M+ in diverse commercial market sectors including high rise, multifamily, light industrial, etc.)
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedules
- Ability to understand and solve complex challenges to present alternative solutions
- Ability to walk the job site, climb ladders and scaffolding, lift loads up to 20 lbs.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficiency with computer applications including Microsoft Office suite and SharePoint
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
What's on Offer
What is on offer for the Project Manager:
- Competitive base salary
- Fantastic healthcare coverage for employee
- Company vehicle
- 401(k) matching
- Paid vacation time
- Company cell phone
- Significant growth opportunity
- Guaranteed bonus potential