Project Manager - Special Projects Division
Black & white goals for growth opportunities.
Above market benefits and bonuses.
About Our Client
My client is a local builder with offices across the greater Chicago area. Hiring for the downtown office, this general contractor oversees projects from a few thousand to $80M in size. Their current portfolio consists of interior buildouts for corporate office space, multifamily and commercial renovations, and mission critical projects.
Project Manager responsibilities include:
- Preconstruction responsibilities in partnership with the Development team.
- The Project Manager will have overall responsibility for onsite operations of the project including planning scheduling, meeting with contractors and reviewing all contracts to ensure compliance.
- Review/explain engineering and architectural plans to the construction site staff.
- Work with the Superintendent in partnership to review scope of work and prepare a detailed project schedule using Microsoft Project. Review and make modified changes to existing schedules for specific project requirements.
- Oversee and make the correct entries for all contracts, change orders and purchase order details into Project Cost Reports. Utilize information from Yardi to update reports on a monthly basis.
- Liaison with the project accounting staff to ensure all information is provided accurately, on time, and in accordance with compliance.
- Work with all vendors and departments regarding submittals, operation manuals, warranties and other required paper work for required project completion.
- Ensure successful completion and turnover of interiors projects.
The Successful Applicant
A successful Project Manager candidate will:
- Bachelor's Degree is a requirement. Preferably in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or relative field
- Minimum of 3 years as a Project Manager
- Variety of interiors projects under their belt
- Ability to analyze construction documents, and ability to read blueprints
- Competent with Microsoft Word, Excel and MS Project
What's on Offer
The successful Project Manager candidate will receive:
- Competitive base salary + project based bonus & annual bonus
- Opportunity to invest in projects
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Company vehicle + monthly auto allowance
- Monthly cell phone allowance
- 401k Matching
- Covered medical, dental & vision