- Progression within the company
- Gain experience across multiple areas of the industry
About Our Client
Top 100 ENR Design Build General Contractor who specializes in industrial and commercial construction in the Chicagoland area and across the country. They offer ground-up and interior renovation services and have a portfolio of LEED Gold, Silver and Certified facilities. Some highlights include:
- Excellent reputation in the space with over 80% repeat business
- Revenue around $1B/year
- Growing company with opportunity for career advancement
- Work/life Balance
- Establish, update, and communicate Master Project Schedule and manage its implementation.
- Work with Preconstruction team in development of project.
- Manage budget and financial reporting, interpret and analyze reports to ensure adherence to project budget.
- Manage the quality assurance/quality control program for the project.
- Participate in risk evaluation, contract negotiations, fee and pricing decisions.
- Understands, complies, and advises others on Employers business ethics and compliance programs.
- Demonstrate high standard of personal accountability and integrity.
- Manage field operations and engineering processes and procedures.
- Drive competencies to team on requirements for insurance, labor relations, and employee relations.
- Drive enforcement of safety protocols by the project staff.
- Work with accounting to initiate pay application process and follow-up to ensure payment is received in a timely manner.
- Keep management informed on progress of project and budget through regularly scheduled Operation Review Meetings.
- Support and drive utilization of various Employer initiatives. Promote and utilize emerging technologies
- Manage assigned staff toward maximum project performance.
- Develop and improve upon assigned client relationships fostering a trusted advisor status.
- Understand and administer Owner contracts and subcontractor agreements.
- Provide leadership to positively influence change and to foster an environment of diversity and inclusion.
- Promote Employers involvement in the community to help build strategic relationships.
- Foster and enhance architect, engineer, subcontractor, and vendor relations.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction, Engineering, Architecture or similar
- 8+ years of experience, 5 running your own projects
- Ground-up project experience, light industrial preferred
- Site work/excavation
- Proven written and verbal communication abilities;
- Proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project, On-Screen Takeoff Pro, SketchUp and Timberline or similar applications is very important.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
- BIM experience is a plus.
What's on Offer
- Competitive salaries up to $130K commensurate with experience
- Bonus potential
- Work/life balance
- Open communication
- Standard PTO and vacation
- Cell Phone