- Project Manager - commercial construction
- Leading General Contractor
About Our Client
Consistently recognized as a best workplace, and for their commitment to safety, sustainability, and community partnerships, they hire the very best in the construction industry and strives to create an environment that encourages innovation, responsibility, and client satisfaction. If you are looking to be a part of an open, supportive team and receive exciting challenges that promote personal and professional growth.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Create and execute project work plans and makes appropriate revisions to meet changing needs.
- Identify resources needed and assign individual responsibilities.
- Manage day-to-day operation aspects of a project and scope.
- Manage and execute estimating and pricing aspects of projects, including creating realistic and comprehensive estimates and executing change pricing, as needed.
- Review deliverable prepared by team before passing to client.
- Effectively apply our methodology and enforce project standards.
- Prepare for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Develop cost-effective plans and schedules for completion of projects following a logical pattern for utilization of resources.
- Select and coordinate work of subcontractors working on various phases of the project.
- Oversee performance of all trade contractors and review architectural and engineering drawings to ensure that all specifications and regulations are being followed.
- Responsible for proper administration of construction contracts and for obtaining all necessary permits and licenses.
- Supervise Project Engineers, review their reports, check on any reported difficulties, and correct any safety violations or other reported deficiencies.
- Identify the elements of project design and construction likely to give rise to disputes and claims.
- Responsible for ensuring that construction activities move according to predetermined schedule and project profitability forecast, monitoring the progress of construction activities on a regular basis and holding regular status meetings.
- Project accounting functions including managing the budget, tracking of team expenses and minimizing exposure and risk in the project.
- Maintain strict adherence to the budgetary guidelines, quality and safety standards.
- Reports to owners and architects about progress and any necessary modifications of plans that seem indicated.
The Successful Applicant
- Four-year degree program in Engineering, Construction Management or Construction Science.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience assisting or supervising construction projects of increasing complexity.
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Previous experience with and ability to develop accurate project estimates and pricing reports.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and package