Project Manager/Estimator - Commercial Construction
Reputable Family Owned General Contractor
Stable Company with Profit Sharing opportunity
About Our Client
My client has been in business for over 40 years in the Portland area with a strong reputation for customer satisfaction. The contractor has consistently been named one of the top contracting companies in Oregon.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Overall accountability for the planning, design, permitting, construction and turnover of construction projects
- Deliver projects on-time, on budget, and to mutually agreed expectations
- Assist with creation and validation of pro-forma documentation (as appropriate)
- Assist client in determining appropriate team and team structure for the project.
- Lead with developing and accessing procurement strategies and delivery of FF&E or other segments of the client's budget
- Provide support in site selection analysis and decision making
- Develop, coordinate and facilitate hand off of the facility to client's operations personnel
- Guide design development and construction through the applicable funding requirements and government processes at Federal, State and Local levels
- Guide design development through applicable sustainability reviews or building certification preparations to meet project/client requirements
- Support client's project administrative needs as appropriate
- Contribute and own the development of program processes and tools that facilitate consistency and quality execution across the project/program.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Architecture or related field
- Background in preconstruction planning, estimating, scheduling, and subcontractor bidding and close out
- Strong background with Commercial Construction background
- Proficient at Microsoft Project Scheduling, use of Plan Grid and Bluebeam
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
What's on Offer
- Top end of market competitive pay plus bonus
- Excellent Health benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K retirement plan, above average contribution
- Sick days, holidays, and vacation weeks