- Stable and highly rated company with a full portfolio and upcoming work
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and growth opportunities
About Our Client
This New Jersey based construction company is a leading General Contractor focused on civil, utility, and water/wastewater projects. They are a leader in the Northeast market with many excellent clients and a steady pipeline of projects.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Project Manager/Estimator will:
- Compute costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements
- Prepare work to be estimated by gather proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents
- Resolve discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information
- Present prepared estimates by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information
- Provide leadership to project team
- Manage and develop assigned staff toward maximum job performance and career potential.
- Build and maintain rapport with architects, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Understand and administer contract and subcontract agreements.
- Establish, communicate, and implement the Project Schedule
- Manage budget and financial reporting
- Interpret and analyze reports to ensure adherence to project budget.
- Manage the Quality Assurance/Quality Control program.
- Provide leadership in risk evaluation, contract negotiations, and fee and pricing decisions
The Successful Applicant
The Project Manager/Estimator should have:
- 5+ years of project management and estimating experience, preferably at a Civil GC or specialty subcontractor
- Experience bidding valued at $5 million or more
- A Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or related field
- OSHA certification preferred
- Proficient in project management software
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
What's on Offer
The Project Manager/Estimator will receive:
- Competitive base salary
- Bonus structure
- Cell phone and laptop
- Paid time off/personal days/sick days
- Excellent benefits - health, medical, vision, dental
- 401k plan available