Opportunity to join a growing multifamily development and management firm
Management of Full Cycle AP, AR, GL and Month End close processes
About Our Client
Michael Page have partnered with a full cycle Multifamily Real Estate Investment, Acquisition and Development firm with a significant portfolio of Class A and B assets throughout USA. Based out of their HQ in Houston, TX our client is seeking an accounting professional with a strong background in real estate accounting and finance for multifamily real estate assets to join their growing team as a Property Accountant.
The successful Property Accountant will be responsible for performing general accounting functions for the firms growing portfolio of Class A Multifamily Assets. Alongside this your daily roles and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Bank Reconciliation and analysis of accounts
- Full Cycle Accounting AP, AR, GL and forecasting
- Lead all Development Draw and Draw Package processes.
- Liaise with Property managers, Developers and Acquisition professionals throughout USA
- Posting and preparing journal entries
- Yearly reporting and scheduling escalations
- Perform month end close procedures
- Perform Monthly, Quarterly and Yearly financial reporting and presentations to senior team leaders
- Maintaining balance sheet schedules for utilization in overall financial and company reports
- Assist auditors in performing year-end audits of financial statements and asset portfolios.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Property Accountant must have strong real estate experience ideally with work experience and knowledge of Multifamily or mixed use Assets as well as good GAAP, GL, AP, AR and general accounting experience. Alongside this you must possess:
- Must have Degree in Accounting and / or Finance
- Background in Multifamily and / or Mixed use Property Accounting
- 2 - 4 years of experience (Real estate ideally)
- Able to work with, apply and follow GAAP
- MRI and Yardi is essential
- Strong Development Accounting and Development Draw Experience
- Strong Cash management, forecasting and planning experience
What's on Offer
In return my client are offering a fantastic benefits package consisting of a competitive salary, market leading bonus structure, 401k, health and dental care.