Texas largest independently owned commercial real estate services organization
Great team structure, progressive career and positive culture
About Our Client
One of Texas' largest independently owned commercial real estate services organizations offering over 20 years of commercial real estate experience, the company has a distinctive, solid foundation comprised of top-level local professionals with a diversified skill-set.
This is an exciting opportunity to be in control of your properties from an accounting standpoint and have visibility throughout the organization.
You will have accountability for the timely and accurate financial reporting of a designated portfolio of commercial real estate assets, preparing property level financial statements including income statements, variance analyses, general ledger reconciliations and property/tenant statistics.Maintain General Ledger
- Prepare monthly financial reports
- Complete bank and general ledger reconciliations
- Analyze all balance sheet and income statement accounts and prepare appropriate journal entries
- Ensure that all tenant and property information is properly set up
- Review tenant charges to ensure that all are billed without errors
- Review tenant receipts to ensure proper posting
- Communicate with Property Managers concerning property related issues
- Update cash logs and reviews cash management
- Provides backup to process Accounts Payable and prepare 1099's
- Support Assistant Accounting Manager and Accounting Manager with other projects as needed
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelors' Degree in Accounting preferred, but not required. With degree, 3-7 years related experience.
- In lieu of an Accounting degree, at least 3-5 years of property accounting experience within the commercial real estate space.
- Experience working in a high paced environment with the ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects at one time
- Proficiency with Excel, Outlook, basic computer skills
- Experience with MRI accounting software, a plus
- Experience with AvidXchange, a plus
- Familiarity with general US GAAP and property accounting processes
- High attention to detail with ability to see big picture
What's on Offer
Competitive compensation package commensurate with education and experience. Excellent benefit package offered as well.