Property Manager - Life Science Developer
Join a boutique life science developer in growth stage
Directly report into the General Manager and work closely with large clients
About Our Client
My client is a vertically integrated real estate developer specialized in life science. The company has established itself as one of the market leaders with multiple offices across the nation and through a successful value-add strategy. We are currently looking for an experienced Property Manager, with office experience and ideally exposure to life science.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Property Manager will directly report into the General Manager and have the following responsibilities:
- Manage the daily operations of all properties including property maintenance.
- Oversee repair and capital projects as well as coordinating with third party vendors. Work in close collaboration with the Director of Construction for ongoing projects.
- Understand and assist in budget development for existing properties as well as utilize Yardi for additional property management activities.
- Conduct staffing if required and build a strong team environment *if required remote or work with a skeleton crew on site.
- Establish meaningful relations with the tenant and work closely with the Asset Management team on lease and contract negotiations. In addition, show a strong proficiency in lease compliance and building regulations.
- Oversee facility cleaning regulations in regards to COVID 19 and work closely with the Maintenance team.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate for the Commercial Property Manager will have:
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Real Estate or related
- 4 + years experience in property management in commercial real estate (office)
- Exposure to life science/lab properties preferred
- Proficient in leasing, facility and maintenance oversight
- Strong ability to create meaningful relationships with tenants
- Ability to function in a boutique environment
What's on Offer
In return, a successful candidate for the Property Manager will receive:
- Competitive base salary
- Bonus potential
- Benefit package including health care, dental, vision
- Boutique team environment