Public Equities Accountant
Amazing private industry opportunity!
About Our Client
This company's Alternative Investments include interests in hedge and opportunity funds, as well as significant direct private equity and real estate investments.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The key responsibilities will be:
- Work intimately with the Director of Accounting and the front office to ensure the proper accounting and reporting of all transactions.
· Develop and maintain strong relationships with trading desk to ensure complete and accurate books and records.
· Be knowledgeable about global public equities, listed and OTC options, and swaps.
· Support trade settlement as needed.
· Assist with the coordination of the audits of various subsidiaries by independent accountants.
· Be knowledgeable of internal control systems surrounding investment companies.
· Have the ability to coordinate and execute on special projects where needed.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have:
· Undergraduate degree in Accounting from a top-tier university.
· Strong educational background in accounting, knowledge of GAAP, IFRS, functional knowledge of Microsoft Office (proficient in MS Excel) .
· CPA license.
· 2-4 years' experience with leading organizations in public accounting (financial services), as well as experience with a broker dealer or hedge fund is preferred.
· Proficient Microsoft Office Skills.
· Highest level of personal and professional integrity with a deep commitment to confidentiality.
· Strong team player, proven ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and ability to thrive in a team-oriented environment.
What's on Offer