Purchasing Agent - Residential Construction - Charlotte, NC
Top revenue home builder in Charlotte growing at least 10% YoY.
Homes averaging $600k in communities throughout the area.
About Our Client
Charlotte's highest revenue earning home builder is growing more than 10% year-on-year. With their strong foundation of clients and excellent reputation, they are able conquer a niche market of high end residential production homes without competing with any of the national builders. Their homes average a sale value of $600,000 built in communities.
Purchasing Agent Job Duties:
- Verifies purchase requisitions by comparing items requested to master list; clarifying unclear items; recommending alternatives.
- Forwards available inventory items by verifying stock; scheduling delivery.
- Prepares purchase orders by verifying specifications and price; obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items; obtaining approval from requisitioning department.
- Obtains purchased items by forwarding orders to suppliers; monitoring and expediting orders.
- Verifies receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolves shipments in error with suppliers.
- Authorizes payment for purchases by forwarding receiving documentation.
- Keeps information accessible by sorting and filing documents.
- Provides purchasing planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes purchasing and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
The Successful Applicant
- 2+ years' working for Homebuilder, or have relatable experience to New Single Family Construction
- Preferably at least 1 year experience working in Purchasing/Procurement Department
- Construction relevant software--ProSoft, TS Client, Eclair, Gemini etc.
- Establish budgets through accurate estimating of prints and plans
- Ability to Negotiate in a cost-transparent environment
- Cultivate and develop upon Vendor Partnerships
- Go-getter, self-starter mentality
Apply within 48 hours for immediate consideration.
What's on Offer
- Strong base salary - $50,000+ depending on experience
- Discretionary bonus - based on individuals position
- Excellent insurance - medical, dental, vision
- 401k company match
- Life and disability
- Opportunity to eventually become a Purchasing Manager