Austin-based Home-Builder with a Large Project Pipeline
Leadership Opportunities and Upward Mobility
About Our Client
Our client has grown into one of Austin's largest privately held home builder with well over 100 employees and building multitudes of homes for Central Texans.Our client has been recognized both locally and nationally for our innovative growth and quality.
- Achieves a high level of customer satisfaction through selection of products, vendors, and building techniques.
- Recruits, selects, and maintains a base of qualified, superior and motivated Trade Partners and suppliers with mutually beneficial relationships.
- Negotiates prices, terms, and rebates with suppliers, manufacturers, and Trade Partners.
- Ensures that all Trade Partners are under formal agreement - standard master agreement with pricing exhibit and scopes of work.
- Negotiates and contracts best pricing for the longest period as possible (i.e. one year, for the life of the subdivision, etc.).
- Bids out cost types whenever current Trade Partners give notification of price increases.
- Continually researches and implements innovative products, techniques, and changes in the home building industry.
- Assists in maintaining accurate standard specifications and scopes of work for each cost type.
- Provides consistent and reliable support to the pre-construction and construction team.
- Establishes and maintain a Trade Partner/Supplier performance evaluation system
- Generates and distribute accurate purchase orders within standard time frame
- Provides support to estimator(s) and construction when product, material or labor pricing is needed.
- Provides product training and information sessions to other departments when needed.
- Maintain and updates pricing in database.
- Processes special pricing requests within standard time frame.
- Coordinate Quality Assurance walks with designated suppliers.
The Successful Applicant
- High School Diploma with a minimum of four (4) year's experience in a purchasing, procurement, administrative or data entry role preferably in the construction and/or home building industry
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Construction or closely related field with a minimum of three (3) year's experience, preferably in the construction and/or home building industry.
- High level of verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough and high attention to detail.
- Well organized with ability to handle multiple activates simultaneously.
- Proficiency in communicating with vendors and building relationships with industry partners.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Positive work environment
- Leadership opportunities/upward mobility