- Leadership position reporting into the VP of Operations
- Extensive PTO Plan which includes 30 days in total
About Our Client
My client is the world leader in medical thermometry responsible for taking two billion temperatures every year. They strive to be the premier employer within our industry, and a leading employer within their community. To that end, they strive to attract and retain the best associates for a variety of professional, support and production positions within our organization.
The responsibilities of the Purchasing & Supply Chain Manager are:
- All procurement including raw materials and other purchases (capital, services, supplies etc.) This involves identifying new suppliers and negotiating price and terms with new and existing suppliers.
- Converting sales forecasts to requirements through our MRP system
- Supervising the activities of buyer/planners.
- Operating the purchasing function within the requirements of cGMP, ISO etc.
- Establishing and tracking metrics for supplier performance.
- Managing the importing function.
- Managing outbound logistics function.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Purchasing & Supply Chain Manager will:
- 10 years in purchasing/materials management in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Experience procuring printed circuit boards, molded parts, castings, cables, packaging and printed materials is preferred.
- Experience with an MRP program. We use Macola, but experience with a similar program is acceptable.
- Demonstrated evidence of strong negotiation skills.
- Experience implementing supplier performance metrics.
- Supervisory experience.
- Experience managing imports.
What's on Offer
My client offer a competitive base & benefits plan. This includes 30 total PTO days per calendar year. Qualified applicants will be contacted within 24-48 hours of submitting their resume.