- National Homebuilder with healthy pipeline
- Competitive salary and career progression
About Our Client
National Production Homebuilder specializing in Single Family home neighborhoods throughout the Dallas, TX market. As a result of continued growth and a healthy pipeline of projects throughout 2023 our client is searching for a Senior Purchasing Manager to join their team and lead the Purchasing department through this significant growth phase
- Negotiate pricing and rebate agreements with major vendors/contractors; periodically adjust labor rates as necessary
- Coordinate with the Estimating and Architecture Department(s) to establish unit pricing and maintain a unit-price schedule for assigned vendors
- Review plans, new community and model decisions, presentation plans, website information, etc.
- Supervise the maintenance of and updates to master trade partner/subcontractor lists and subcontractor and supplier insurance policies.
- Manage the development of and updates to community options books with pricing, specs, and photos
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum of 5 years Senior Level Purchasing and team Management experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of estimating and purchasing principles as well as residential construction practices and materials
- Negotiate the most competitive pricing available for standards and options
- Must have good interpersonal and teamwork skills, desire to learn, ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read plans, concepts and translate into cost estimates that fit within the goals and strategy of the organization
- Full cycle purchasing management for single family projects ranging from 100 - 300 Single family homes.
- Led and managed purchasing teams of agents and coordinators
What's on Offer
- Competitive Base Salary $90-$110k + bonus opportunity
- Excellent medical / dental / vision benefits
- Career development and opportunities for advancement
- Paid Time Off for Personal/Sick days and Holidays