- National Homebuilder with healthy pipeline
- Leading Homebuilder with clear career progression
About Our Client
National Homebuilder specializing in Single Family neighborhoods throughout the DFW market. As a result of continued growth and a healthy pipeline of projects throughout to 2023 our client is searching for a Senior Purchasing Manager to join their team.
- Negotiate pricing and rebate agreements with major vendors/contractors; periodically adjust labor rates as necessary
- Coordinate with the Estimating to establish unit pricing and maintain a unit-price schedule for assigned vendors
- Review plans, new community and model decisions, presentation plans, website information, etc.
- Supervise the maintenance of and updates to master trade partner/subcontractor lists and subcontractor and supplier insurance policies.
- Manage the development of and updates to community options books with pricing, specs, and photos.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum of 5 years Senior Level Purchasing and team Management experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of estimating and purchasing principles as well as residential construction practices and materials
- Negotiate the most competitive pricing available for standards and options
- Ability to read plans, concepts and translate into cost estimates that fit within the goals and strategy of the organization
- Full cycle purchasing management for single family projects ranging from 100 - 300 Single family homes.
What's on Offer
- Excellent medical / dental / vision benefits
- Career development and opportunities for advancement
- Paid Time Off for Personal/Sick days and Holidays