- Highly Autonomous role leading and growing the purchasing department
- Rapidly Growing company looking to double in size over the next couple of years
About Our Client
Our client is fast growing Food manufacturer located near the Back of the Yards in Chicago. They are expanding their supply chain team and are in need of a Purchasing Manager - Proteins to come in and take them to the next level. This company believes in investing in their employees and offer ample career growth opportunities throughout the organization.
- Understand the list of items that are required for purchase from various sources (Purchase Request, Bill of Materials, Drawings, etc) and identify sourcing.
- Proteins Purchasing
- Assist with Operations and Accounting to enable Job Cost Analysis and Financial Reporting.
- Support production schedules and obtain requirements (specs, required delivery date, etc) to enable economies of scale.
- Participate on weekly production meetings and periodic management meetings on procurement activities; report updates on purchase orders and status as required.Managed assigned with responsibilities of analyzing spend data, sourcing, negotiation, administration, implementation of strategic initiatives across all business units
- Act as subject matter expert for category, maintain business intelligence, current market trends knowledge, commodity data, and regulatory guidelines and best in practice procurement methodology
- Plan and execute sourcing strategies across all business units
- Supervises and develops Buyers and Sourcing Specialists to meet efficiency and KPI targets.
- Develop an understanding of supply and demand characteristics while negating supply risk
- Develop and negotiate contracts, long-term agreements and amendments with suppliers
- Manage key supplier performance goals and objectives, communicate periodic results to plan and manages top-level continuous improvement, and develop key awareness of industry performance benchmarks
- Develop, investigate and deliver year-over-year cost savings through total cost management tools such as productivity improvement, value analysis/value engineering, lean, six sigma, etc.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- BA degree required in Business or other related
- 5+ years of Purchasing
- Proteins Purchasing Experience
- Strong communication skills
- Strong leadership, initiative, and planning skills
- Critical thinker, with excellent analytic abilities
What's on Offer
Highly competitive compensation $100,000 - $150,000 + bonus. Flexible for the right person