Federal/State/Local Government Purchasing Experience Preferred
Great work life balance!
About Our Client
Our client is the premier particle physics laboratory for the U.S. Department of Energy. They currently employ over 1,700 employees including scientists and engineers from all around the world. for the U.S. Department of Energy. They provide great employee benefits including on-site childcare, fitness center, pool and pub.
* Review open buy requirements, issue purchase orders, and expedite delivery of the material or service as appropriate.
* Provide industry expertise, including the identification of industry drivers, on the materials and components assigned. On a regular basis provide status reports on industry changes and the expected impact on the business of those changes.
* Drive value-engineering efforts based on knowledge of (assigned) commodities and their industry drivers in relation in potential material alternatives.
* Achieve cost improvement targets assigned by Manager
* Achieve inventory reduction targets assigned by Manager
* Establish Payment Terms of not less than Net 45 days with all new suppliers.
* Achieve supplier PPM targets as assigned by Manager
* Promptly disposition excess and/or obsolete purchased inventory
* Monitor and maintain the Purchasing Category Value completeness and accuracy of the items assigned
* Work on strategic purchasing initiative projects with Purchasing Manager and/or Strategic Sourcing Manager
* Proactively advance professional knowledge and education
* Perform other related duties as assigned
The Successful Applicant
Bachelor Degree in Supply chain or related field
* Holds or is working toward a Professional Certification in Purchasing and/or Supply Chain Management
* Minimum 3 years' procurement experience (Government Procurement experience a plus)
* Good interpersonal relationship skills.
* Demonstrated analytical and Root Cause determination skills.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Strong computer skills.
* Must be responsible and dependable.
What's on Offer
- Competitive Salary
- medical, prescription drug and dental insurance
- life insurance
- paid vacation
- sick leave
- parental childbirth and adoption leave
- long-term disability insurance
- retirement savings plans
- on-site day care