Purchasing Specialist Temp-to-Perm
Great Work Culture
About Our Client
A global company focused on specialty chemicals and performance materials in the transportation, infrastructure, environment and consumer industries, located in Boston, MA.
Responsibilities of the Purchasing Specialist Temp-to-Perm
- Manage and support global tools used for spend analysis and scorecard & KPI management.
- Manage the North America & Europe corporate credit card systems and tools and is a resource to support cardholders and the finance/ accounting teams.
- Support monthly financial reconciliation by providing key reports, and administer/ document key purchasing controls for the audit organization.
- Manage internal inventory catalog management and updates
- Collect, publish and analyze data for the Purchasing scorecard and other metrics such as: savings, supplier delivery performance, PO processing complaints, "non-documented" spend, etc.
- Provide information for the sourcing organization through data analysis, such as data management and cleansing, supplier segmentation and categorization, spend analysis and contract compliance analysis.
The Successful Applicant
The idea Purchasing Specialist Temp-to-Perm candidate:
- Bachelor's Degree Required. Courses of study in Business, Computer Science or Finance all applicable.
- Outstanding computer skills, with Expert knowledge of standard business applications such as Excel and database tools.
- "Hands on" experience in ERP and/or database tools is preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively and positively in cross functional groups of colleagues and internal customers within a multicultural environment (Local & Global (Asia, Europe, Americas, Middle East)).
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to trouble-shoot and provide concrete solutions in an accurate and timely manner.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to plan and prioritize own activities.
- Fluency in English - other languages are a strong asset
What's on Offer
A great work atmosphere in a great area of Boston, MA.