QA Documentation Specialist
MUST LIVE LOCALLY IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
MUST HAVE QUALITY EXPERIENCE IN THE CONSUMER GOODS INDUSTRY
About Our Client
Our client is a growing Nutraceutical manufacturer, specializing in Powders and Tablets for the Wellness Industry. This role will be responsible for the release program of raw materials/labels and document quality operations.
- Maintains the company's quality inspection and release program for incoming raw materials and finished good labels.
- Collaborates with Production/Purchasing/Warehouse regarding raw material priorities, expiration, material status (reject/on hold/rework) and other quality related matters.
- Generates Supplement facts label and maintains/updates database of master formulas and raw materials.
- Reviews final product packaging label based on compliance with US Labeling regulations.
- Coordinates inter-departmentally in creation or revision of controlled and non-controlled documents.
- Generates/updates master manufacturing records in support to operations and specification sheets in support to QC lab.
- Assists in document preparation for international registration projects (e.g Canada) as needed by customers.
- Assists with acquiring necessary State and Federal regulatory licenses as needed.
- Assists in investigative process of deviation, non-conformance, product complaints and returned goods and coordinates with other department to ensure corrective and preventive actions are in place.
- Assists in writing and reviewing SOPs and WIs.
- Supports vendor qualification program.
- Backup for QA Associate and QA Coordinator.
The Successful Applicant
- BS degree in scientific discipline such as Food Science, Nutrition or Chemistry
- 3-5 years experience of Quality Assurance, with direct experience in regulatory affairs or compliance, in the food/pharmaceutical/dietary supplement industry
- Must be knowledgeable of FDA 21 CFR 111, DSHEA
- Documentation skills with the ability to generate and maintain Quality System Procedures, also Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent writing (technical/investigation) and verbal communication skills
What's on Offer
- Competitive compensation & benefits package
- Flexible schedule; 7am-4pm M-F
- Join a growing team with massive opportunity for growth within the department