Quality Assurance Manager
Bachelor's Degree preferred
10+ years' experience in a food and/or beverage manufacturing facility
About Our Client
Our client is an industry leading beverage manufacturer with over 30+ years' in the business. They provide excellent career growth and promote a family-style office culture.
As the Quality Assurance Manager you will be responsible for the following:
- Leads and is responsible for safety, financial and operational performance, laboratory asset care and reliability for the quality assurance business function
- Is responsible for a multi-disciplinary team of direct and indirect reports and quality specialists reporting out of functional area.
- Ensures high quality products are produced, warehoused and shipped cost effectively through maximizing operational efficiency and reliability
- Manage incoming supplier materials, analytical, sensory, microbiology, sanitation, , co-products, brewing, fermenting, aging, filtration, blending, finishing, packaging, warehousing and distribution of finished packaged product.
- Identifies, supports, and provides technical resources for environmental, sustainability and energy initiatives and improvements
- Ensures Food safety through execution of HACCP, GMP and housekeeping standards.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will posses:
- You have a BS (required) or MS (preferred) in Quality Engineering
- You have at least 10 years' experience leading and managing Quality in a manufacturing facility, food and/or beverage required
- You preferably have the following Certifications: AQS, ISO 22000, HACCP Manager Certification, SQF Practitioner Certification and/or IBD & LEAN Six Sigma Black Belt
- You have demonstrated working knowledge of OSHA regulations, Food Safety GMP, State Agricultural practices/policies, TTB regulations, plant safety regulations, FDA guidelines for food plant operations, and environmental regulations regarding manufacturing brewery operations.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
What's on Offer
Competitive Base Salary + bonus potential and great company benefits