Quality Assurance Supervisor - Low Acid Canned Food
Ability to work for an innovative canned beverage startup in Chicago!
Ability to work with a rapidly growing contract manufacturer!
About Our Client
My client is a startup contract manufacturer specializing in low acid canned beverages and in growth mode as the continue to take on large clients. They are looking for a talented Quality Assurance Supervisor individual to join the team as they continue to scale their business.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Quality Assurance Supervisor will report into the Quality Director. Responsibilities will include:
- Leading the day-to-day operations within the Quality department, including reviewing and modify paperwork, HACCP Programs, SOP's, other pre-requisite materials related to food safety to improve quality and compliance.
- Work with the management in food safety, sanitation, and production to improve policies, procedures, and training
- Assist with acquiring SQF certification for the facility
The Successful Applicant
- B.S. Degree in Food Science, Industrial Engineering, Chemistry, or other related field
- 3-5 years manufacturing required
- Preferred to have retort processing experience; preferred to have low acid canned food processing experience
- 1-3 years of supervisory experience preferred
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred but not required
What's on Offer
- Competitive compensation package
- Excellent career progression opportunities